|Posted on December 1, 2016 at 3:45 PM|
On this New Moon in early winter, as we enter a time of reflection, I’ve got a few questions. Three of them I'd love to hear your answer to, and four are for you to reflect on.
My questions for you are:
- Are you still charting your cycles, using the Justisse Method, or another method of Fertility Awareness?
- If you aren’t, why not? Do you still find yourself “aware” of your fertility signs throughout your cycle, even if you aren’t writing them down?
- What might help you now, to better understand your cycle, feel more confident charting, or feel better about your reproductive health?
Leave your answer in the comments, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I'll read and reply to every answer!
And a few questions I invite you to ask yourself:
- How does having this “body literacy” affect how you relate to your period, your moods, your hormonal symptoms, your sexuality?
- How has charting your cycles affected your sexual relationships?
(A recent study found that more than 70% of couples feel Fertility Awareness has had a positive impact on their relationships. I’ve also heard heterosexual couples who are avoiding pregnancy say that they’ve loved finding new ways to be intimate, because on their fertile days, intercourse isn’t an option. And, I've also heard from couples who stopped using Fertility Awareness for birth control because avoiding unprotected intercourse during fertile days was too difficult for them. ... What about you?)
- If you have a particular intention with charting, whether to avoid pregnancy or to get pregnant, how committed are you to that intention? What about your partner?
- Do you understand as much as you want to about your cycle? Does your partner understand as much as you’d like him or her to?
I could go on… but that’s all for now! Thanks for reading, and for writing back!